Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

(6) Telling the Truth

Positive spin notwithstanding, the writing of the last post left me cranky.  "Shredded" was the word that came to mind.  I felt depression roaring in.  My energy was nil, enthusiasm dried up.

Unnecessary, unasked-for criticism, is hurtful, even if you do have a permission slip from yourself to do or say whatever you please!

Here's how I express anger:  I don't.  (rarely, anyway)
Instead, I go first to the frozen version of anger: depression.

Maybe I should quit this blogging business?  Maybe she was right?  Maybe I shouldn't have posted that entry?

But then some magic happened.  Nine of you amazing friends emailed (and one texted) me the kindest, most supportive letters!  I will never forget who you are because your words totally shifted my mood.



No comments: