Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2021

April 11

When Janet first brought Luci over in January for a look-see, she told me that every day she would show me more of who she is.  That has proved so true.

Luci pretended for a week or so that she was a shy and docile little doggie, but she is far from that.  I take her with me everywhere I go and she greets everyone.  She can be very docile when she's sleepy, but she can also romp and run with the best of them.  Luci is incredibly fast and playful.  If I'm busy refinishing a table or whatever, she brings me her ball and her cloth toys, one after the other, to tempt me to do something a lot more fun.

This week she has revealed her diva side.  While she's a picky eater, she will eat even boring kibble if hand-fed.  Her former owners must have hand fed the little rascal.  So now I know: when we travel, all I have to do is hand her a bite at a time in the car.

Speaking of which, this week seems to have been a week to get ready for travel.  I've gotten several repairs completed in the house and yard and some flowers planted where the rosemary died.  Tomorrow Reyes comes to do some roof repair work and plant some more plants.  

Today I'm putting the second coat on a table I'm finishing-- a beeswax and linseed oil combo that works beautifully and is easy to do, at least after three or four conversations with men at Woodcraft to learn the finer points of refinishing wood. 

In a week or two, I'm thinking it will be road trip time!

No comments: