Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Wednesday

The children's book, Alexander and the Terrible Horrible Very Bad No Good Day is about a little who had one of those days.

Yesterday started out in that vein, but by the end of the day, it was climbing back up to Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah. 

When I saw that Javier--who'd come to prune the pecan tree--had trimmed my big bushy red tips, too, I about had a conniption, as we say in Georgia. They'd grown 8 feet high and provided a great screen to hide some of the dilapidated scruffy house next door. 

I felt that gut-punch feeling one can get after a ghastly and unexpected haircut. But within a couple of hours, the day took a different turn. Trees and bushes grow back; it's what they do.  

When I returned from errands, I was happy to see that Javier had otherwise cleaned my yard to perfection--definitely the best yard work I've ever had done.  There's not a twig of deadwood left, not a hint of hackberry babies.  He'll be the only yard man I'll call in the future. 

Eddie is the arborist I'd wanted to cut down the three giant hackberries, but the owner of said trees decided to have them whacked by non-experts after he'd said he wasn't going to do it.  We don't have the kind of results Eddie would have provided; they left trunks way taller than my house--but at least I can leave town without fearing that my roof's going to get a hit if the wind blows. 

Eddie brought Javier to trim my pecan tree, clean the gutters, and trim the entire yard. I'm happy to recommend these guys to anyone looking for excellent yard work.

As I was driving to get a haircut, Will called to invite me to join them at Kin's Thai (Dominion and 10) for dinner to celebrate Elena's music award at school.  It's their favorite Thai place and now mine as well--delicious!







No comments: