Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Off we go!

Well, here we go, Luci--off to parts unknown to you to visit people I love and haven't seen in a year and a half!  

I won't be solo traveling this trip, I'll have my sweet puppy riding under my seat, popping up from time to time to see if there's any savory delight for her.  

When the engine stops and my seat belt unbuckles, she gets up on the arm rest, tiny girl, and looks at me hopefully: "Do I get to get out with you this time?" 

Usually I answer yes and off we go--to Michael's or JoAnn's or even last week to a podiatrist appointment where she sat in my lap while I got a steroid shot that eased the pain within a couple of days.  She loves sniffing shoes of other shoppers and feeling them patting her and saying her name.  Many of them get out their phones to show me pictures of their dogs.  

If I say, "You stay," she curls up on the passenger seat and looks disheartened and pitiful. 

We will be driving 1400 miles to Day's house--divided into three or four days so we can take dog park breaks and let her run to her heart's content. Then on Monday, May 3rd, we'll head south to Georgia to see all my Georgia folks.  

The car is packed and circles cut from Gel Prints for a project I have in mind for nights in the motel.  I'm taking watercolors and pens and glue knowing we'll stop early each night and I'll have time to paper play before bed.



No comments: