Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Day in The Hill Country

Nellie, head cheerleader,  was voted "Best School Spirit" our senior year.  I was new to the school and voted "Friendliest."

What I remember most about Nellie and me--besides going to church together--is doing the ouija board at her house at a sleepover.  The main question we asked was "Who are you going to marry?"

A year later, I'd be married and know that the ouija board was right.

We had a fabulous day today, buying fabric for upholstery and walking around in Gruene, then going to Wimberley where I bought Christmas presents and a shawl for myself and an antique bird cage at a thrift shop benefitting stray animals.

The Leaning Pear is the place for a late lunch--ending with lemon panna cotta with blueberries.

Tomorrow we have Elena and are going to visit Chris in Kerrville and do an art project by the river in Boerne, painting masks.

Nellie bought some Trumpeter wine and we got some good jokes out of the title which I'll refrain from sharing right now. And she captured me doing what I do--taking pictures.

Life is good!



Cantina Del Rio in Gruene

No comments: