Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

Two Recipes

I have discovered a juice bar in Lawrenceville, Georgia, that makes a magic potion.  They call it an energy blast, and that it is.  It's 12:30 in the morning and I'm still wired from a 4:00 Smoothie!

This drink is packed with blueberries, mango, carrots and kale, along with tumeric, fresh ginger, and protein powder.  Mona from Haiti at the juice bar promised it would give me energy, and it's done that in spades.

Carlene who goes at full speed all day without benefit of Energy Blast is now sleeping peacefully.


I wandered into the kitchen just now and made myself a midnight peanut butter sandwich on Sunbeam Bread--same blonde girl with huge blue eyes on the wrapper as the one I remember from childhood.  These sandwiches aren't made with jelly, but with a sprinkling of white sugar--the way my daddy always made them.

If your boyfriend didn't call, or if you got flu, or if you had to camouflage the taste of medicine, the cure was always the same--peanut butter and sugar sandwich on white bread.










No comments: