Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Last full day of our retreat

Nellie and I walked a bit on the river walk today, but it was really hot.  We'd gone on a mission.

Nellie wanted to have Boudro's guacamole again--the one they make beside the table while you watch:

It's the best!

You cut up one avocado (don't mash it) and season it with kosher salt.

They you add the juice of one lime and the juice of about 1/4 or less of an orange.

Then about two heaping tablespoons of chopped red onion.

About three of roasted Roma tomatoes with roasted Serrano peppers.

And a whole bunch of cilantro--maybe even a cup.

Then  you scoop it into a beautiful mound in the mocajato.



We rested, drew, read, and looked for my lost keys, which I found on the porch, then had Cappy's delicious shrimp nachos and crab cakes.



Nellie is inspiring me to take a watercolor class--my first efforts are not impressive, but so much fun to do.

Nellie flies back to Florida tomorrow afternoon and I fly to Georgia on Thursday.


No comments: