Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Looking at old pictures

Carlene made this dress--at about age 15
"This was me on top of Lookout Mountain.
If I didn't think I was  cute in that eyelet dress!" 
That same Christmas, Bob in his cowboy suit,
Linda with her new doll, at Daddy Jim's and Mama Jim's house
Carlene, Mary Ann, and Bea
At Perry High School, 1942
Bob and I in Chattanooga on Christmas morning
wearing new skates





Mama Jim and the youngest two of her five children,
Lloyd and Betty June
Carlene has always liked pretty clothes and shoes.
She made of her clothes, but she thinks
this dress given to her by a friend. 

Her sweetheart in the Navy 

Carlene with my daddy's parents,
Daddy Jim and Mama Jim

Carlene and Lloyd when they were dating

She bought her own car when she was nineteen
and named it Stinky--
back when a girl couldn't buy a car without a man to co-sign
(Which she got around because her daddy had a good reputation in Perry.) 

Carlene and Lloyd, September 16, 1945
the day they eloped
My daddy holding his sister's baby


No comments: