Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Good Things

On Wednesday, I booked a flight to Georgia for September 22nd.

Good Thing #2: On Thursday, I stopped by Ken's Mechanic Shop (at Mike's recommendation) to ask if anyone there could fix my broken pulley on the Murphy bed.  The visiting manager of the station, a man named Jack, said, "Sure, I'll fix it for you," and he did.  He drove over and spent half an hour, and presto, it was fixed! (He wouldn't accept payment.) 

Good Thing #3: That very morning, I'd discovered that two large limbs on my pecan tree were broken, bending the lower branches down to the ground.  I went to Next Door Alamo Heights site and got the name of a tree cutter and he came within a hour.  "I didn't want to risk those limbs falling on you," he said.

Good Thing #4: On Friday, I spent a couple of hours at the Nissan store talking to the best salesman--who happens to be Pam's son-in-law, Massie Center.  If anyone is considering buying a Nissan, he's your guy.  The car gave me the smooth, quiet drive (with a spare tire, unlike Minis) and I enjoyed my first foray into Other Than Mini Cars.  In the end, however, I couldn't give up my Mini just yet, but if I ever do, I'll go straight to Massie.  

Good Thing #5. Today, I stopped by Kathleen Sommers shop and talked for an hour to Jane Bishop, a San Antonio artist who makes amazing chairs.  She makes the fabric and puts it together in beautiful combinations.  My mind quickly scooted to the fact that my sweet mama always gives me birthday money for "something special," and this pair of chairs was the something special I wanted.  I haven't been this excited over a purchase since Mini #1, 2006!



Good Thing #6: I hadn't bought the fabric yet for my sofa--and Jane is going to help me choose a fabric that coordinates with the chairs!

Good Thing #7: Nellie is coming to spend six days with me--arriving on September 13th.

Bad Thing#1: I got a jury summons today for September 22nd, the very same day I'm scheduled to fly east.  

Good Thing #8 (I hope!): I wrote both a paper letter and an email begging for an exemption--and am crossing my fingers really hard that the bailiff says yes! 



No comments: