Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2017

A rainy Saturday

I absolutely love rain, and we've had a good soak today!

Jan and I went to Linda Kaufman's 80th birthday party at the Saint Anthony Hotel today--a beautiful venue for celebrating a sweetheart human being, surrounded by so many friends and family, including her new great-granddaughter, Charlotte.



I so enjoyed seeing Denise--former member
of a writing group. 


Then I drove around in the rain and went to nurseries looking for a certain plant--a succulent called a paddle plant.  Turns out nobody had one for sale, but John at Big Grass gave me three sprigs of his.



While at Big Grass, I bought a garden gnome--a turquoise sculpture I'm naming Duang after the owner of the store.  She called out to me and said, "You need me in your new yard to take away the ju-ju of the bad planters and celebrate the work being done to fix it all--by The Plantress."  So she came home with me and will find a place in my yard to smile.

It's been a good day!


No comments: