Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

My friend Linda Kaufman at her birthday party

Last week, Jan and I went to Linda's 80th--and this video captures some of the party and testimonials by her friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeVNfJggtw


Linda's "well-lived life" (that phrase taken from one of her own songs you can hear on the video): teaching countless piano students while starting a real estate career in her 70s while writing and producing her play, "Senior Moments," and formerly writing a column for the Jewish Journal called "Mishigus."  She was my first client as a writing coach and we became friends over tables in cafes as we worked on her story.

I call her the Energizer Bunny.  She does so much, so well, that she runs circles around most of us, and whatever she does is done with her characteristic glow.

As you can see in the testimonials in the video (ending with a tribute by her 95-year-old husband, Al), she has a great big generous heart.  Two words stand out in what people say about her: love and inspiration!

Linda introduced me to Lorraine, to my doctor (Dr. Heller), and to several other friends at the party who are former writing group members and friends.  In fact, I credit Linda for launching me into writing groups in the first place.  Back when we were working together, she said, "You should start doing this with groups!'

And anyone who knows Linda knows that when she makes a suggestion, you follow through!


No comments: