Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

S*N*O*W*C*I*T*Y*

Kate invited me over to be her guinea pig for a fish dish she's making for her writing group--and it was A plus delicious!

While we were laughing and cheering at Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah and Ashley Judd's Nasty Woman rant, Kate got a text. "Come look at this picture, see if you can tell what it is," she said--squinching up her eyes to try to read a little tiny picture on her phone that looked to me like a blur with a knife stuck in the ground.

Then the photo got clearer.  "Snow?" I said, "On somebody's car?  Where?"

"In Bulverde!" she said.  (Bulverde is only a half-hour from here.)

"No shit!" I replied.

Then Charlotte called, saying she was driving to Kerrville in a white out and had to turn back.  "What's a white out?" I asked.

Then she got a text from somebody else: "Is it snowing at your house?"

First, we laughed, yeah right! then we went outside to look.  Sure enough, snow was coming down in  a silent steady sprinkle in her yard, in the neighbors' yards, and her grass and plants were already covered in white!

Folks, snow is not a word we hear much in Texas and haven't seen in our city in years!

Driving home, listening to saxophone music, seeing people standing under street lights taking pictures with their iPhones--was magical.

Kate snapping snow







This is the first time (in twenty years) I've seen my house
in snow!






No comments: