Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Nails, Apples and Ice Cubes

                                          Three Things I've Learned this Winter:

1. Keep apples in the fridge!  Who knew?  When you end your days with a slice of apple and cheese, the cold will have kept the apples exactly right!

2. Don't use gel polish on your fingernails.  I don't mean acrylic--I've never used that--but just the gel polish that they promise will "strengthen your nails" and stay on for two weeks.  This is just anecdotal evidence, but it counts:  It does neither.  My nails, always very strong and fast-growing before, are now cracked and weak.  Bummer!

3. I learned that certain succulents can be planted in bowls with no soil, just moss.  I made an arrangement of air plants and one other whose name I've already forgotten in a pretty, low bowl I've had for a long time.  There is no need for a drainage hole and you don't want to water them much, just spritz them once a week or so and/or put a few ice cubes in each week.


No comments: