Pages

Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Night

Very unusual for me: I have not left the house once today!

I haven't seen anyone, taken a bath, or gotten dressed.  I ironed tablecloths and napkins and quilts that needed ironing (I probably take out the iron once a year!). This is the epitome of the kind of day I'd once have thought a pathetic way to spend Christmas, but it was rather perfect.  I talked on the phone to most of the people in my family and made a smoothie and some soup and read a little in my red chair.  I organized craft supplies, of all things, and cleaned out a few drawers.

Will had sent me a video of Elena imitating me.  In a voice very unlike her usual voice she asked, very slowly, "Would you like some hot stickas?"  (i.e. heart stickers).  I haven't found a way to upload a video, but I've watched it several times and laughed out loud every time.

I'm reading a beautiful book tonight: Insomniac City--about New York and his late-lover Oliver Sachs.  I've gotten a few texts asking if we should see a movie or what--and most of us singletons wound up deciding to stay in and enjoy the same kind of day: in our pajamas, with books and music.

I've liked this day so much I may pick one day a week to do it some more.

Hope you've all had a wonderful day, too!




No comments: