Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas in Helotes

I made Spanish chicken and cornbread and delivered it to Will and Bonnie's.  We'd decided to have our party at their house instead of mine since they have a Christmas tree and outdoor lights.

It's a good thing--as they had had a full day and three of them are a little sick and feverish.  When Will was little, I used to take his temperature with my hand and always got it right--so tonight I discovered I still have the touch.  He had a fever of 101. Both kids were glassy eyed, too, but cheerful and sweet.

Everyone recovered enough to enjoy dinner and open gifts.

Nathan was disappointed that he got "Clothes!"--a ski bib and jacket for their upcoming ski trip to Colorado; he liked the books and card game more.

Elena liked her ladybug suitcase and boots, but my best gift to her was the puppy I got yesterday at Ace Hardware.  She has a roomful of stuffed animals, "But this is the best one ever!" she said, cuddling with Sugar for the rest of the night.

Here's the bowl I had Edward fill for my Christmas present to myself--a bowl I bought many years ago in Alabama.


Elena and Sugar

There's Will in the background, playing
with the new MacBook Pro Bonnie gave him. 





No comments: