Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Luminaries in the Night

After being up an hour or so in the middle of the night, I went back to sleep around six to have the most fun dream I ever remember having!

It was a huge party, huge--and it all started when Gerlinde and her husband (unbeknownst to me being musicians) set it all up and thousands of people came to listen to them singing.  All of you were there; everyone I know was there.  Everyone was dressed up and happy, and we were all about twenty years younger than we actually are.

Lloyd and Carlene were there, dancing!  That was definitely the highlight of the dream, and I didn't want to wake up from it.

My Ex was there, too--young and animated and sweet, not exactly like I remember him in real life.  We were sitting at the table with Bill Clinton, who apparently was our good friend.  We called him "Bill."

Gary was there--his wonderful alive self--and we laughed that his cancer diagnosis had been a mistake.  He was swinging in a hammock, happy as always.

At some point, I lost my camera.  I got on a bus to look for it, and the bus started rolling, taking me to a place where everyone was speaking Russian.  They were dressed in the kinds of traditional clothes that "Russian dolls" wore--which was probably linked to my just having ordered a book for Elena about Russian nesting dolls.

I had to ask some blonde English-speaking Russian manicurist if she could loan me money to get back to the party--and promised I'd return her two dollars the next day.  She willingly loaned me the money.

I may have to book a flight to Sochi now, in real life, to pay her back and get back home!





No comments: