Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A yo-yo story from Carlene

Many years ago, I gave Carlene a yo-yo quilt I found at an antiques store.  Yesterday, on the one-year anniversary of Mary Elizabeth's house, she passed it on to Mary Elizabeth.



Here's the Yo-Yo story, written by Nana:

For several weeks - even months - I have thought about 3 treasures stored in the blue trunk in my bedroom - a very special gift from you  - the yo-yo quilt, the cathedral window quilt and the bedspread I crocheted years ago ( to fend off some grief, but I don’t remember which one).  

I wanted someone to have them who would love them,  and treasure them like I had - and remember where/who they came from.
 
I had never mentioned them to M.E.

So it took me by surprise when we came on from lunch and she was asking me about Day’s quilted pillow on the sofa and was interested in hearing about her special space for her quilting and questions about the round tablecloth....

Then she told me how she always loved that quilt made out of little circles!!!    Wish you could have seen her face when I asked her if she would like to have it!   When I went to my BR to get it and handed it to her,I told her how it had been a gift from you, purchased from an antique store lots of years ago, etc. and that I  couldn’t part with .. until Now!  

I also told her I thought you would be happy for her to have it.At lunch she said she had celebrated her first year anniversary in her house so I gave it to her for an anniversary present from us--and I took the picture and asked her to send it to you!

And that is how the yo yo quilt went to its new home!

No comments: