Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Getting ready for a vacation with my kids and grandkids

I've just made a pound cake and cooked some butterbeans, cleaned the casita, watered my grass that needs mowing, and gone to three grocery stores to get my parts for our lake trip.  After my nap, which is coming up as soon as I get Cake #1 out of the oven, I'll make meatballs for spaghetti and another cake.

When I was forty, maybe even fifty, I had a different kind of energy than I do as 70 is creeping up on me.  I'm pooped!

But it's worth it to be pooped--as I am being treated by my kids to a lake house at  Horseshoe Bend for a real vacation.  I'll be ready.  I bought myself my decade purchase of a new swimsuit and I'll be the one who looks like a ruffly turquoise balloon.

For those of you who do visual journals or travel journals, there's an excellent class at Craftsy: Expressive Pages, Journaling the Everyday by Judith Casel-Mamet.

I've watched this class this afternoon and packed my art supplies for activities for those who want to play with colors and paper bags and stencils--after days of swimming and kayaking.


No comments: