Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday

This morning Pam and I went to an exhibit of her friend's, the late-Alberto Mijangos ' paintings. It was my first outing of the week, not counting a couple of gym swims with Elena and driving them to the airport for their two-week Hawaii vacation.

While Pam and I were at the mercado, next to the museum, the kids called to FaceTime me and give me a guided tour of their condo and the beautiful view outside their windows.  They are so excited!

When they woke up this morning, Elena said, "I can see Hawaii from my window!"

The museum was cool and quiet.  Bustling outside were hundreds of tourists and a man loudly singing "God Bless the USA" and another man telling unfunny jokes pounding on the phrase, "If you don't work, you don't eat."

Behind the singer's stage was a glamorously-dressed woman of 83  sitting in a chair with stuffed animals attached to both sides.  I asked if I could take her picture and she stood up and let me, telling me she was about to dance on the stage, using all the money she makes to contribute to cancer research.  Had the weather been cooler and we'd both felt more energetic, we'd have stayed to watch her dance.


As it was, we chose a shady outside table and had lunch, then left.  Here's pretty Pam at lunch:



This was my favorite of Alberto's paintings: 



Betty and I are cooking up some plans for a fall birthday trip, along the East Coast--and she has a friend who's offered us her house any time we want it in October.  We're both ready to hit the road and find cooler air and fall leaves!  Both in the If-Not-Now-When? phase of our lives, we may decide to hop on over the ocean and put our feet on UK soil.

We all need LFT's--Look Forward To's--and this is that for sure!  Just thinking about it is easing me out of my summer slump!


No comments: