Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

I have been well and truly celebrated for turning 70 (three months early), so I'm going to consider it done--no more mention of decades!

My children and grands rented a great house in Horseshoe Bend near Marble Falls. It was perfect, right on the lake, so we kids of all ages stayed in the water most of the Wednesday, slathered with sun screen.  At night, we cooked in and out and we went to a good Italian restaurant when our groceries ran out.  The kids enjoyed Queer Eye so much that we watched four episodes together, played games, and Day and Elena and I made books and watercolored.


Nathan and Marcus

Daisy

Veronica, me, Elena and Day



For the grand finale, they surprised me and the kids with a boat rental.  Will said, "Mom, your boat is here," and I said, "Yeah, right!"

It was our favorite day, boating all day Wednesday and taking turns being pulled on a tube behind the boat.  The boys were dramatic and showy on their fast rides, my turn was more slow and easy, but I did it!

I woke up this morning to a couple of minor glitches: the rear view mirror snapped off, so I drove (holding it in my hand as best I could) to VW, who said that the windshield company has to fix it which they will do tomorrow. I won't be driving again until its repaired, but it's triple-digit hot and I'm happy to stay home all day and unpack--but oh how I miss my kiddos!

Also, a big limb from the pecan tree is on my roof and power lines, so CPSP is chopping it off right now, but only the part that involves the power lines.  Now I'm searching for a tree service to finish the job.

No comments: