Pages

Monday, August 20, 2018

Bed of Roses

I was up much of the night with a puny stomach, during which I discovered a perfect-for-a-sick-day (or any day really) series on Acorn TV: Bed of Roses is a three-season Australian series about a young woman of 49 who is suddenly widowed and bankrupt and has to start her life all over by moving back to her hometown near her mother.

Now that the plumbers have come and gone--and will come back tomorrow to finish the work on my AC pipes outside--I'm going to stay curled up in bed and alternate between sleeping, Roses and a novel I'm enjoying, recommended by Pam, The Atomic Weight of Love.

My long-time dependable plumber never responded to my texts and phone calls, so I went to Next Door Alamo Heights and found Chambliss Plumbing--the most highly rated plumbing company on the site.  Customers raved about their work and their integrity and after being burned a few times by less than honest and skilled workers, I called them right away and was very impressed by them.

And for AC repair inside the house, I'm also impressed with Christiansen AC--recommended to me by Will and Veronica.  Together, those two companies are getting the AC humming again without dripping--though now I'll need to find someone to repair the small patch of wood flooring that buckled before I knew what the problem was.

Also--have a new lawn mowing and trimming guy, Tony, who's excellent--if anyone is in the market for that sort of work. He's the shuttle driver for VW and formerly worked in construction, so he also does handyman work.

So now that I've done all my to-do list things for Monday,  I think I'll pop back over to Australia now and watch Louisa (named after Louisa Mae Alcott) rebuild and re-roof her little shack of a house with the help of great friends.  She says she's going to sell it when it's done and move back to Melbourne, but I'm thinking that after all her work, her mama nearby, and her new friends, a very attractive eligible neighbor, she's likely to wind up staying in Rainbow.


No comments: