Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Maybe there's a metaphor in here....

Have you ever smelled something that stayed in your nose for hours?

I remember this happening years ago when we had a wood stove--which must have gotten clogged in the vent or something.  For hours after fixing it, I had a bad smell look on my face all day.

Same thing happened this morning.  Edward had used a spray paint for one small item in my bathroom.  I noticed the smell at bedtime, but went to sleep in spite of it.

This morning, I woke up with a headache and my nose was tightened up in a scowl-y expression.  Immediately, I recognized that the bathroom smelled unbelievably awful.

Until Edward could get here to rectify the situation, I went to the car wash and noticed that indeed my face still carried the look of stink.

Made me wonder: how many things do we not notice in life that affect our visage, outlook, and senses for a long time afterwards?

No comments: