Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wagging her tail while waiting for news


Day, along with sixty others, has applied (reluctantly, with encouragement from staff) for a job as assistant principal.  We'll see how it goes....

But either way, she's got two good options: continuing as academic coach or moving into what she started out wanting twenty years ago--school administration, which is what her master's degree was all about.  Since then, she chose not to apply for a vice-principalship because she wanted more time at home with her kids.

Marcus asked her, "Mom, do you think you'll like that job?"

To which she replied, "I'm pretty much of a tail wagger, Marcus.  I like whatever I do...."

I'd never heard her refer to herself as a tail wagger, but it's such an apt analogy.  She loves what she does--whether quilting or making things or teaching a class.  Now I have a new phrase for the kind of enthusiasm I've seen in my daughter for nigh-on 47 years.

Betty and I will design our trip to stop in Virginia for a birthday layover, hopefully on a weekend--to celebrate her birthday, Jackson's 17th, and mine, on 3 consecutive days.


No comments: