Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

First Day of School

Five in my family started a new school year--Day as assistant principal of her high school, Jackson and Marcus and Nathan and Elena as scholars!  I don't have photos of Jackson, Marcus and Day yet, but here we have Nathan going into sixth grade, Elena into first.




What students of all ages may not know is that their teachers are as excited and hopeful as they are when school resumes.  Driving past Cambridge Elementary--five blocks away--just now, I saw a few classrooms with the lights on, teachers decorating their rooms--and it almost made me want to go back to teaching!

How fondly I remember making lesson plans and arranging the desks in my classrooms in a circle.  I remember the smell of chalk dust (no longer a presence in modern tech-y classrooms), the fragrance of new shoes,  clothes and text books. So much to learn, so many friends to make!




No comments: