Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

One of the joys of any season is conversing with friends of all season over a good meal--which is what Gerlinde, Charlotte, Janet and Kate and I just did at Nosh on Austin Highway.  The food was good, and the atmosphere quiet, a great place to at least scratch the surface of catching up on each other's travels, past and future, and to talk books and a little tiny bit about our shared political points of view.

I think I am a tiny bit bipolar.  I have spent the last two weeks mostly in isolation, feeling like I'm not good company to anyone when in a funk, which started after the lake trip (an LFT--look forward to--for so long) was over. We used to call this Christmas Night Syndrome--the feeling of loss after the long-awaited happy day was winding down.

Last night, the mood lifted and I stayed up until 3 in the morning moving furniture and curtains and other stuff around in my house--good medicine for shifting from funk to fun for some people, like me.






No comments: