Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2020

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


Happy 2020 Halloween, Everybody!




My morning started by going to McDonalds, the moon full and golden.  Two of the amazing Moipei Triplets whose concert in March wowed me--were dressed as twin witches.  It was too dark to take photos at that hour, but I went back later and asked Marta and Mary to pose.  They already have an agent in New York, but  COVID forced them to postpone their plans.  While they wait, they are the most glamorous window girls McDonalds ever had.


The day was spiced up with some phone calls, a bag of treats from Makken and Sebastien, and Carlos being here most of the day doing jobs in the casita.

Finally, today the armoire was completed and shutters and Japanese fans hung on the wall.  This is indeed  My Happy Place.  I moved back into my Real House for  Halloween sleeping and movies but I'll head out to the casita in the morning to see what else I can find to do!



Just when I thought the day was over, Jan brought me a scrumptious dinner of spooky food--deviled eggs (the best ever); monster meatballs, and a sugar skull pizza.  Jan is the queen of celebrations!   There's a witch on top of her house, and Kate is dressed as a glam witch--and Jan looks so cute with a spider crawling around her neck. (I wish I'd gotten a picture!)  In lieu of trick-or-treating, Jan made the boys a scavenger hunt for candy all around the house, inside and out!

I just watched I Am Woman--an excellent film about the life of Helen Reddy who died at the age of 78 this past September.  

And next on the movie night list: Rebecca,  recommended by Linda K. 

Do whatever it takes to treat yourselves tonight!  


Memories of Halloween Pasts With Nathan and Elena: 




And from the Leary clan, 1300 miles away: they have returned home from their one week beach retreat, just the four of them and Tucker--who is Day's constant shadow, I hear. 










No comments: