Pages

Monday, October 26, 2020

Sunday in the Middle of the Night

At 2 a.m. I was at the window of the orange and white, holding out two dollars to my pal, the night manager.  He's funny, bright-eyed, personable.  "You know your money doesn't work in this place," he says. 

Persephone motions him to come to the window.  "It's your girlfriend," she says.  Until the next customer comes, we three talk and joke, and when I drive away we blow kisses through masks.  

The yoga Nidra class I took online yesterday calmed my mind.  I was, for the rest of the day--as the Hippies said in the 60s--"blissed out."

An "On Being" interview in the car with a Nobel Prize winning physicist was enlightening and inspiring, and seeing my two young friends lightened the heaviness of 2020. 

3 a.m, Cutting circles colored Japanese paper  gel printed with vibrant Golden paints, in a trance, listening to podcasts. I see  planets, the moon, breasts, bowls, flowers, slices of tree trunks, and sea shells. 

4 a.m., Reading a book called Claiming Ground by Laura Bell--a memoir about a woman who herds sheep, the only woman among men, in Wyoming's Big Horn Basin. Every single sentence is gorgeous.  




No comments: