Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Special TINGS

When my children and the cousins were little and we celebrated Christmas together, sometimes we'd let them open one gift on Christmas Eve.  My nephew Andrew chose the one that had socks in it.

"THIS IS NOT A SPECIAL TING!" he said with a disappointment that made us all laugh.



So it was Andrew's little boy's voice that rang in my ears at about 3:15 in the morning as I was wrapping a couple of birthday presents.  Will this be a special "TING" for the recipients?

I also thought about it because I got some extraordinary gel prints using a mix of pearlescent colors (gift from Joy) and Golden paints.  They were so special I decided to cancel my day's car plans and keep doing this all day.  I mean, brakes and tires and fender work can wait--if there is a special TING!

Gel printing is my favorite thing to do in the middle of any night, especially when twinkly lights are glowing in the casita and the room seems magical.  You spread paints on the gel press with a brayer, add some texture with various things, maybe throw on a stencil, and pull a print.  You never know exactly what you're going to get and sometimes the result kind of takes your breath away for a minute.

Socks are good, but colorful pages are amazing! 

I will, however, take to my bed for a bit and try to get a little shut-eye before I start the next round. 



No comments: