Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

A GLUE PARTY


Today Elena wanted to sew, after she put together the car I got her.  But she then decided instead to glue buttons and beads on her fabric to make a blanket for her stuffed animals.

She was being fastidious about getting the glue off her little hands, so I showed her what I like to do: smear the Elmer's all over my palms and fingers, dance outside while it dries, then peel it off in big strips.

I wish you could have seen her delighted and surprised face when she got the hang of it!  "We are really doing this?" she asked.  "This is the coolest thing ever!  Let's invite all your friends over and let's have a Glue Party!"

So here we are, two grandmothers and three little kids having a glue party after the rain stopped.  Jan and I did the Hokey Pokey--both of us feeling remarkably better than we've felt these last few months.

You're all invited next time we throw a Glue and Giggle Party!

Makkin and Elena, two weeks apart in age
"When is your birthday?" I asked.
"I don't know," they both said.  "We already had them."


No comments: