Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Arrival

Traveling Solo--to what destination?

This blog started out as a 65th birthday travelogue for my West Coast trip.  When I returned home, I just kept writing!  I thank those of you who have followed, sporadically or regularly!  I feel like writing it has gotten me to my destination, though I can't quite put a name on it yet.

I'm not exactly pulling the plug.  This space is my scaffolding for pinning up photographs in chronological order.  I'm hoping one day, when Elena grows up, she'll like reading about her childhood here, the parts we've shared.

Today, Day called to tell me she was the unanimous choice for chair of her English department!   She's a natural leader--from sorority president, to being one of two Texas women chosen for Women as Leaders, to now--and she is abuzz with ideas to shape her department's philosophy for the upcoming years. I'm so excited for her!






No comments: