Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thursday at the Botanical Gardens

What a beautiful day today was--starting with breakfast at Twin Sisters
with Will and Elena, then taking Elena to the Botanical Gardens
while her daddy did Mother's Day shopping.

"What should I get Mommy?" Will asked.
"A teddy bear or stuffed animal for sure because she doesn't
have any animals." 

She loved shopping in the gift shop.
We bought yellow birdie and a beaded coin purse to hold him in.
"I don't think he'll fit," I said--
but he did!
"I was just being pessimistic!" I sad.
"Well, you should be more otomistic," she replied.

Birdie in Tree--by Elena

Yenna and Birdie by Elena

On Sleeping Beauty's Bed





Back in the car, I asked her, because the name was on NPR, "Do you know who Donald Trump is?"

"Yes, he's the President."

"No, he's not the President but he's running for that office," I said.

"But on my TV, it said he was already the President," she said.

I explained how he'd won the contest last night, but wasn't the President, to which she said, "Well.  If he's the President, I'm going to....DO....(pause for thinking).....A FIT!"

"So am I," I said.  "I'm going to do a fit, too."

This beautiful day ended with dinner and art-making at Pam's with Pam and Cindy.  Art may be too elevated a term, but we made stuff and it was fun.  I took pictures but Pam nixed the idea of posting those particular photos.

Gabi did her magic yesterday and I felt so good all day that I wanted to sing the Robert Earle Keene song, "Feels so good feeling good again!"




No comments: