Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Vacation in my own back yard

Only three or four times in my life have I paid someone to clean my house, and today is one of them.
While a Spanish-speaking woman named Linda cleans my blinds and polishes my floors, this Linda is enjoying a quiet day in La Casita, right in my own back yard.  I'm thinking I may move out here for a while, sleep here, everything--in order to keep it clean.

I could love the life of a woman of leisure! I took a nap on the Murphy bed, read a few chapters of a book, and went to yoga.  The best part was returning home to find every floor in the house clean at the same time, the kitchen spotless, the blinds and porch sparkling!  

I'd hate to tally up all the hours I've spent cleaning--and I'm not even a persnickety cleaner!  But the last three months, I've sort of let everything go and the cobwebs were starting to creep me out.  Now they are banished and I can see myself in the unsmudged mirrors--oh no!  I now see that I need to hire a trainer,  hair stylist and wardrobe consultant.  But I'd rather BE a mess than live in a mess, and that's the truth today.












No comments: