Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Saturday in Texas

Another really special movie from India: Amal.

Before moving now to Italy in a show about cooking--that reminds me of beautiful afternoons in Tuscan trattorias with Nellie--I went back to Peace, Love and Misunderstanding to re-view one scene.

In the scene, Grace is telling her granddaughter about a piece of sculpture she's making.  "Sometimes in art, as in life, things aren't going the way you want them to go.  That's when transformation happens."

Grace then looks at her granddaughter in the wise woman way and says, "I heard what you said to your mother last night...."

"I was upset," the girl replies.

"Yes, but you were also cruel....But you can transform that, too."

Today has been a good day, starting with a session of Gabi magic, then going to Helotes to meet Conway Twitty with Kate.  We shopped for kombucha bottles and I came home and filled my bottles with my first batch.  I hope it's as good as Kate's.

Then I went to Pam's for a few hands of Spite and Malice and a delicious panini and a glass of her son-in-law's kombucha--ginger and jalapeƱo.

The raccoon visited again last night, but he's absent tonight--probably because of the rumbling of thunder.






No comments: