Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fifty--what?

People go to high school and college reunions for  lots of good reasons: To compare how much everyone has aged?  To re-live for one night the Happy Days?  To listen to oldies and dance with ex boyfriends or girlfriends?  To see how the original hopes and dreams and senior superlatives (like Most Likely to Succeed and Most Talented) have come true?

I've gotten two invitations to high school reunions--one from the Cochran High School class of '66 (my class from kindergarten on), the other from Central Gwinnett class of '66, the class I joined junior year.

We all remember the year we graduated from high school.  I just hadn't added it up--fifty years???  Are you kidding me?

For the most part, my classmates and I would probably not recognize each other if we met on the street, and based on many of their posts on Facebook, we wouldn't have a whole lot in common--except that we shared two or eleven years of our young lives.

Notable exceptions are two of my dearest friends, Nellie and Betty--whom I love seeing and with whom we share more in common now than we did back when we were cheerleader, baton twirler, or homecoming queen. None of us cheers or twirls or wears a crown these days.






No comments: