Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Friends and Family

I happened to mention in a text to Day that I'd be going over to Kate's tonight for my first kombucha lesson.

"Um....What in the world is a kombucha?

"A fermented tea drink.  Good for your body."

"Oh, I thought there might be music, a limbo pole, and a beverage in a pineapple involved," she said.

What would we do without our friends?  When times are good and times are not-so-good, our friends (including related by blood friends) are there: to go with you to the doctor, to stop by for a porch sit, to text and call and email and wish you well.

The porch sit was wonderful, Pam, as was the lesson in how to make kombucha, Kate.  After Monday, I'll buy my bottles and other supplies and be ready to start the fermented adventure at home instead of (or in addition to) drinking yours all the time.

Even my yard man--who lusts after my barber pony (break up present from Mike seven years ago)--took me to the nursery and taught me some great tips on planting and keeping growing things alive.

All in all, I'm feeling fine.  Just took some pain pills to help me sleep.  But it's hard to sleep with the walls singing!

No comments: