Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Version 2

All month I've been waiting with trepidation for tomorrow--
Just saying the word, oncologist, stirs up dread.

She could either say, "It's all okay, go home and get on with your summer," or she could say, "You should do radiation or take these pills" or something.  My walls are singing "Tomorrow" with a decidedly different tempo than last week's.

So I've made today a good day--a porch visit with Freda before she heads to Washington for opera, a delicious gift of brunch at TriBeCa with Pam, phone calls from Kate and Mike, and watching nine episodes of season 1 of Grace and Frankie.

What a poignant and funny story it is!  Just right to pass the hours of a Sunday in waiting.  To get my mind off tomorrow.   To laugh several times out loud.  And to enjoy the wardrobe of Frankie and the decor of the beach house where Frankie and Grace live together after their husbands reveal that they have fallen in love with each other.  It's a sweet story of family and friendship.

To top off this day, we've had rain all day--and I so love the sound of rain on the Happy Deck outside my bedroom.  Will and Veronica gave me a finch feeder and finch food for Mother's Day, but the doves are helping themselves to the goodies.  Can't the doves read the label on the Finch Food bag?

I hope you've all had a good Sunday, too, and I'll write an update tomorrow on tomorrow's news.






No comments: