Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday

Tonight--as my Central Gwinnett High School Class of '66 is partying and reuniting, and I'm seeing Nellie's pictures on Facebook--I just realized that I left out half the tea in my first batch of kombucha!

I had taken notes on a yellow pad, but when I typed the notes after the lab was already up and running, I realized my mistake.  Now I am awaiting word from my teacher-of-kombucha Kate as to what to do to remedy the situation before I just throw the first batch out and start over.

It's been a productive Saturday in the kitchen and in the grocery store re-stocking the long-neglected kitchen.  On Tuesday,  Elena and I will be making a birthday cake for her daddy's 38th birthday on Thursday. Joy will join us--though since she will be on her way to book group, she will be unable to slather herself in glue, should Elena want to reprise the Glue Party theme of last week.

I drove to Kate's after yoga (wonderful class!) and got my SCOBY for the brewing, boiled the tea (4 family sized bags instead of 8), put in the sugar to be fermented by the SCOBY, and slid the whole affair into a slider drawer in the pantry where it will ferment in the dark.

Special touch of the day: Nellie called me just as she was going into the reunion party: "Just wanted to see who you'd like me to say hey to!  I miss you!"

Sunday: Rescue at three in the morning via Kate-email: "You still have time to add the tea!"






No comments: