Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Full Moon School

Sometimes it happens, that even when you're really tired, you don't sleep all night.  Maybe you wake up at two or three.  Maybe you decide to walk outside or take a drive.  (In my case, I rattle the keys this time of year to let the possums and skunks and raccoons know a human is out and about to avoid face to face encounters.)

Maybe then you notice (I almost always do on these sleepless nights) that the moon is full.  Or almost full.  Or just waning from full.)

So I read or watch something on YouTube.

This talk is by Carolyn Myss.  Twenty years ago, when I was going through a hard time, someone gave me a set of cassette tapes by Myss and I listened to them over and over.  They were just right for that time, as this talk seemed just right for this full moon night.  It's about choices that make a difference in one's health.

In Myss' view, these choices are not the "big" ones, not even so much what we eat or don't eat.  These choices have to do with living life with integrity, telling ourselves the truth, taking risks, passing on wisdom instead of woe, and knowing that this day, this very day, is where the richness is found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KysuBl2m_w


No comments: