Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

Joyful News!

Joy Hein is the first place winner in the Kerrville Arts and Cultural Center's juried show, running now through August 20th!

I asked her if I could post pictures and information for you all and this is her own description of the painting that won:

My HAPPY BEAR painting was created as the last page of a book I've written and illustrated titled HUNGRY BEAR, GRRRRRRRRR…  It's a book to show our endangered, keystone spiece, Grizzly Bears diets are only 10% protein.  That includes protein filled insects which are their favorite along with sweet, ripe berries. Each illustration in my book is filled with hidden animals who want the same food Hungry Bear needs.  I painted wild bearberries, buffalo-berries, crowberries, elderberries, huckleberries, raspberries and strawberries. Can you find the hidden Cedar Waxwings in the elderberries?

I also hand-painted the frame.

I know those of you who know Joy will be as delighted to hear this news as I am!  I look forward to seeing the show after my Virginia trip!

Here are some photos of Joy, the winning person, and the HAPPY BEAR, the winning painting--though she has two other beautiful paintings in the show as well:




Joy's birthday is August 6th--what a happy way to celebrate!

Great Big Happy Bear Hug Congratulations to you, Joy!




No comments: