Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Healthy Options

On my third day of on-fire fibro, I went to physical therapy--and left with so much good information I can share with you San Antonio people.

I'll start with this:  There is a store off Broadway (outside the loop) called Koch's Country Store that is just a jewel to know about!

They raise all their own animals, grass fed from birth to slaughter, as they say.  They sell the meats you can get on Saturday at the Pearl Farmer's Market as well as products made from their animals--frozen meals and bone broth.  They also sell products from other local farmers, as well as a few top notch Texas wines and mead, jellies and condiments, eggs and cheese, and a few fresh vegetables.  Their products are pricier than those found in the grocery stores, but I'm going to give them a try.  They even had quail and duck eggs, everything organic.

My physical therapist underscored the importance of drinking lots of water and avoiding the chemicals that are in almost everything we eat or drink.  This is critical for people who have autoimmune disorders, as I do, and helpful in preventing them for those who don't.

Anti-oxidants and probiotics are particularly helpful for cleansing the body of toxic build-ups, too.  I'll tell you more as I experiment and learn more.




No comments: