Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

WOW--Wonderful Old Women

Yesterday's panel discussion was so much fun!  I think we were all surprised at the size and enthusiasm of those who attended our panel, "Interviewing Our Elders."

The Gemini Conference might be something you writers want to attend next year, a weekend of hanging out with writers and getting tips on the craft as well as publishing.

The topic of the conference was "Writing for Change."  Jen Hamilton had great questions for us and the attendees asked questions as well--about interviewing techniques and what we learned from the women featured in the book, one of whom was present.

It turned into a conversation that could have gone on for much longer than the allotted hour.

Joy, thank you for our miniature book pins!

One of the things I suggested in interviewing our elders (or anyone really)--is getting the Story Corps app, through which you can interview and record interviews for posterity.  One thing I kept hearing is "I wish I had interviewed....my father, my grandmother, my friend, before it was too late."




No comments: