Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

How are we doing?

Every time we buy anything or go for services, we get these frustrating emails asking us to answer the question, "How are we doing?"

When the barrage began, I could imagine some customer service person reading my response and caring and passing on any objections I might have raised to the top of the organization.

I'm tired of rating and critiquing everything!  I'm not going to do it anymore.

Scott Simon, my favorite NPR guy, talked about this very thing, and he said we have "feedback fatigue."  Exactly!

I'm out of stars and opinions.  If I have a bad experience, I'll write a letter or something--or just chalk it up to someone having a bad day.  Or if I'm having a bad day, I'll just tell them on the spot if they are rude!

When I go to a store, they ask me to join their group on Facebook or LIKE them there.  When I check out at Home Depot, they want me to rate them every time: which one?  the person who helped us?  checked us out?  met us at the door?

Here's a five-star video that made me smile--sent from Linda Kot.  This little guy asks all the right questions: who made it?  this is not a joke, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/british-boy-has-cutest-reaction-to-learning-hes-going-to-be-a-big-brother_55df4455e4b0e7117ba920ae

No comments: