Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

To move or not to move, that is the question

Will and Veronica are starting to think about moving, possibly to Boerne.  Today, they were floating the idea to the children.  They'd like a larger house, easier to get to, and they like what they've heard about the Boerne schools.  But they are concerned about causing any disruptions in Nathan's third grade year.

Nathan said, "It would be the worst thing in the world, as bad as smelling a stinky baby's diaper.  It would probably take me at least two years to adjust to it.  We would never find a place as good as home. Maybe it would take until I'm even twelve to like it."

Nathan, Will said, would rather be home than anywhere--and my house (it thrilled me to hear) is his second favorite place  If given a choice of going to a movie or staying home, he always picks home.

Since he has to go from their home to his father's every Friday, he's not inclined to leave home when he gets there. He was sitting at the table painting as we talked about the possibility of moving.

"But if we did move, what kind of house would you like?"

"Just a place with a little bit bigger yard, big enough for me to ride my four-wheeler and hot rod and things like that.  More animals."

I asked Elena the same question: What kind of house would you like?

Without the slightest pause, she said, "A colorful house."

Her parents gave me the kind of look that said: We know where she gets that!   

"Daddy, do you think we could have a rainbow house?  That's what I'd like, a rainbow house."



No comments: