Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Joy

When Joy drives into San Antonio, she appears at my door like sunshine.  It takes her a while to unpack all the gifts and food she's brought.  Yesterday she brought an early birthday present, including an Italian candle holder that shimmers at night with the vibrant colors that take me back to Tuscany.

She brought me some of that excellent chocolate she makes, too, my new healthy morning and evening treat--made of coconut oil, honey, and cocoa.  And little succulents for the pots we bought in Castroville, and--as always--flowers, blooming ones and a packet of poppy seeds--which I'll plant today in this misty rain.



After opening my month-early birthday presents, we sat on the porch and talked, then she had to leave too soon.  "I love, love, love what you and Mike have done!" she called out from the car as I was checking the mail.  In the mailbox was an Oprah magazine--a gift that comes every month as part of her last year's present.  I held it up to her car window and said, "Another gift from you!"

Recently, she made a painting of a bright sun face that she'd sent to the CBS Sunday Morning program that features different suns each week. They wrote back that they loved it--so it will soon be among the Sunday Morning Suns.

Joy is an artist of all things--including food, flowers, and friendship.  Whenever I'm working on or planning a project, Joy brings, as her name implies, such great enthusiasm.










No comments: