Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday

Today was a good day.  Charlotte invited Kate and Gerlinde and me to have lunch at her house-- a delicious summer salad and conversation!





Mike had called this morning to say that he'd found a bed on Craigslist that he wanted for himself or for me, a brass and iron bed we'd been looking for.  So I borrowed Will and Bonnie's truck, drove to Austin, and picked up the bed.  It's beautiful.  The owners had bought this hundred-year-old bed in the seventies and built a platform which makes it work for a queen-sized mattress.  I have a feeling it wants to stay at my house.

The man selling the bed was a retired school superintendent.  His wife--a beautiful white-haired woman with a sweet smile--had Alzheimers and stood in the driveway watching as we loaded their bed into the truck.

"Honey, I just sold our bed," he said to her.   She held the hand of her caretaker and looked on pleasantly, saying something about the bed "going around and around."








No comments: