Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

Inspiration

I gave myself a present--hiring a personal trainer for six weeks.  It's not about losing weight; it's about being grounded, strong and happy.

And it's working. Today I feel all those things in spades. Renae, my trainer, is teaching me qigong--exactly what I needed and I'd never have imagined myself doing anything related to martial arts.

I'm happily unplugging cable TV.  I've watched enough MSNBC to last the rest of my life, and it gets me all tangled up in the world of politics, a distraction from these beautiful days that no politician can take away.

I want to avoid talking about politics.  It makes me anxious and fearful.  I'll choose things I can do something about but not focus on the negatives.

After my workout, I sat in the car and talked to Phoebe, my new friend and six-doors-away neighbor.  She inspires me, too.  She has macular degeneration and she's only 44--but she's one of the most positive people I've ever met.When she found that she was losing her eyesight, she took a trip around the world and saw all the things she'd always wanted to see.

I'm sure I'll get more inspiration later today when I pick up Elena--who's so excited about coming she wanted to skip school today.

But first--a nap!






No comments: