Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pecha Kucha San Antonio at the Pearl Stables

Tonight, I joined Bill and Pam and Alison for my first Pecha Kucha.  It started an hour later than I expected so I didn't stay for the whole event--but I'll plan ahead not to miss any of the speakers next time.

There were eight speakers, and each had 20 slides, each on the screen for 20 seconds.  The stables were packed and they had to turn people away--that's how popular it has become in six years.

Anyone can apply to speak about any subject they are passionate about.  The term pechakucha is Japanese for "chit chat"--an event started in Japan for creative professionals so share projects and ideas.

San Antonio is one of 855 cites around the world that hosts this event--with wine and snacks from several eateries at the Pearl.

For San Antonio creatives who might want to participate in future events, check out their website: pechakucha.org/cities/San Antonio.



Pam, Bill, and Alison

Alison and I with the bumper stickers
Pam gave us

No comments: