Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

My Soul Sister

My daughter (Day Leary) won't mind; I'm posting an email she sent me that made me smile.

Back story:  I had told Day about something that upset me a few days ago, then added that I was heading to the gym for my qigong class, then to make something out of an old guitar.  She wrote:

Your resilience and immediate thought to take care of you by exercising and being creative are inspiring to me… we ain’t just mom and daughter.  We’re soul sisters.

Go sweat your ass off.

That happens to be one of my favorite valentines ever!

I'm not actually likely to sweat my ass off, but what I'm doing in qigong can be accomplished with any size ass.

What these martial arts moves do is ground you in your own energy so that nothing can throw you off for long--you're like the Weeble-Wobbles of my childhood: You wobble but you don't fall down.   You walk into a room and sense negative energy, but you don't let it get all over you. Someone hurts you and you think: "That's about him (or her), not me."  You make a fool out of yourself, but then you get on up and move on.  Stuff like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQ0mAKVPmM

So while my 45-year-old daughter is so immersed in mothering, teaching and chairing the English department that she's not likely to read this, I just want to say Daisy is one of my shiniest valentines ever, has been for 45 years.  And if you do read it, Day, I just want to say I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK, SOUL SISTER!









No comments: