Pages

Monday, February 27, 2017

It's SO sad, taking Carlene back to the airport, which I did at 5:00 this morning, she rolling her purple suitcase and walking like a sixty-year-old.  Up since 2, I'm canceling everything today but a trip to the oncologist to mark the one-year-anniversary since my tiny surgery.

Mike has some medical tests this morning at the same time, so I called to wish him well on his on the way home.

I have concluded that movement, diet and living by the truth as best we can are the three pillars of good health, and he agreed.  He's been working out diligently at the gym as I have, and we're both feeling great most days, so I don't expect any bad news on either front.  Just yesterday he said he was having a James Brown day again.

My house seems too empty and lonesome at the moment to do anything else but go back to bed for a couple of hours, then return to my workouts tomorrow.

Carlene and I had another great visit and she loved spending time with some of my friends--a trip to Castroville for lunch with Joy, Charlotte's birthday party at Liberty Bar, and drop in visits from Pam, Kate and Freda.  As we were saying goodbye to Will, Veronica and Elena last night, Elena yelled to Nana, "Hugs and kisses to take back to Georgia from me!"

Veronica was trying to get some four-generation photographs and Elena kept making silly faces.

"Please just one nice smile!" her parents kept saying.

Finally, exasperated, one of them said, "There will be consequences if you don't behave."

Without missing a beat, like a buyer weighing the worthiness of her purchase, she asked, "What will they be?"

Since no one could come up with any, she continued with her faces.  Apparently, it would take a pretty bit consequence to alter her creative expression for the camera!

No comments: