Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Deja Vu

What a fun afternoon--returning to Helotes Elementary for Kindergarten Round-up.  When I picked up Elena from pre-K at Primrose, she was leading the class in a song and dance for graduation.

When I told her we were going to Helotes for Kinder Round-Up, she wasn't happy about it.  "I don't want to change schools!" she said.

I spent the drive to Helotes Elementary selling her on the idea: Nathan would be there (wouldn't it be fun to see her brother at school every day?); her daddy and Aunt Day went there; the teachers are great. etc.  I even told her that, once upon a time, I thought I'd be a kindergarten teacher--which I did when I was in first grade.  "Can you still be?" she asked.  "Can you be my teacher?"

What finally sold her was fashion related.

"Do we have to wear uniforms there?"

"No."

After that, she was all in.

"I can wear anything I want every day?  Yay!"




Her daddy left work to be there--
33 years after he was right where Elena is today.  

I love seeing the student art work
in elementary schools.

Here she was telling me,
"I actually like this school now."



"The Day Before Yesterday"

She wanted to tell me something that happened on Saturday.  "What do you call the day behind the day that was yesterday?"




No comments: